Less than four years after its inception, Royal Braintree Nursing & Rehabilitation Center’s dedicated program for the region’s Russian-speaking population is widely regarded as second to none in Massachusetts. Opening in November of 2008 with 27 beds, the program has grown to 64 beds in what has become a well-established, close-knit community of its own, catering specifically to the medical, cultural and dietary needs of our Russian-speaking residents.
Led by Program Director Lena Zeliger and Medical Director Zinaida Levin, M.D., our dedicated staff includes psychiatrist Andrey Gagarin, M.D., orthopedist Leonid Dabuzhsky, M.D., wound care specialist Mikhail Novikov, M.D., podiatrist Irina Vasserman, M.D, social worker Julia Kingsley, our own speech therapist and an exceptional Russian-speaking nursing team and support staff.
- Rehabilitation: Our professional, experienced staff provides physical, occupational
and speech therapy to all residents. Our ambulance service (Rapid Ambulance Co.)
has Russian-speaking EMTs and chair-car drivers.
- Activities: Culturally-specific programs seven days a week for all cognitive levels
- Russian television: Available to all residents in common areas as well as in
resident’s room (5 channels!)
- Dining: Our chef caters to the individual tastes of our Russian residents with each
carefully prepared meal. Family-style dining coming soon!
- Hospice: The Hospice of the Good Shepherd services Royal Braintree with its newly-
developed Russian program.