Royal Megansett Nursing & Retirement Home is the crown jewel of the Royal family, the first property purchased by James Mamary when he started his company in 1997. And what a property it is! Royal Megansett sits on a bluff in North Falmouth overlooking Megansett Harbor and Buzzards Bay beyond. Originally an elegant seaside hotel, Megansett retains the charm of that era with an impressive “great room” upon entry, and sweeping views of the water beyond a beautifully manicured lawn. Megansett boasts 28 private rooms, and its third floor apartments are dedicated to assisted living residents who enjoy the best views in the building, and a restful, homelike environment, allowing residents to relax and maintain their lifestyle among friends and devoted caregivers.
Clinically, the five-star Royal Megansett is second to none on Cape Cod, earning consistently excellent federal and state inspections. And once again, Megansett has been listed among the “Best Nursing Homes for 2012” in U.S. News and World Report’s annual survey. Like all the properties in the Royal Health Group, Royal Megansett is TJC (The Joint Commission, formerly JCAHO) accredited, recognized nationwide as a symbol of commitment and quality in the healthcare field, and given only to the best nursing homes in the country.
“Royal Megansett was the first nursing facility we acquired when I started the company in 1997, and even though we have grown considerably since then, Megansett is still the gold standard. It’s a beautiful facility that is run beautifully, with a proud history of service to the community and a well-deserved reputation as one of the very best nursing homes in the state. This latest honor only confirms that reputation.”
-James Mamary, Sr., Royal Health Group Owner and President
James Mamary, Jr.
The Royal Advantage:
- 24/7 nursing care, attending physician
- Expert short-term rehabilitation (PT, OT, speech, pulmonary, post-acute)
- Cardiac Care program – utilizing the Zoe monitor, flagging congestive heart failure up to two weeks before symptoms occur
- Extended physician coverage with “Phone Doctor” remote telemedicine
- Wound care physician on site weekly specializing in healing complex wounds, reducing hospitalizations
- Respite, palliative, stroke recovery, long term care
- Hospice services from Fidelis Hospice, focusing on compassionate, dignified care for end stage patients
- Royal’s dining service features customized meal programs developed with personal attention from our chef and dietician – buffet and family-style dining available, with continental breakfast stations open 24/7. Our 4th floor dining room offers breathtaking views of the water in a restaurant-style setting
- Activity Enrichment – a nurturing, person-centered care model that addresses the resident’s medical, mental, spiritual, physical and social needs, promoting wellness and enhancing quality of life
- Third floor retirement apartments offer assisted living in a secure, home-like setting, with a porch overlooking the water, and a separate dining room.
[Rosemary Keefe, 90 years young, came to the 5-star Royal Megansett Nursing and Retirement Home in July, 2010. A Bourne resident for 35 years, Rosemary had been spending her winters in Florida, but now she calls the elegant seaside Megansett her home year round.]
“I like it…the people that you mingle with throughout the day are all very nice. We all want it to be pleasant, and it is!”
“The people here are so nice – you can tell they’re specialized in their field. They really take care of her…this is where she needs to be to keep her going.”
-Chris Keefe, Rosemary’s son
“The purpose of this letter is to tell you how pleased we were with the facility, care and treatment of my mother. She was fortunate enough to be placed in a private room with a wonderful view while undergoing treatment for an infection. The nurses on her floor were professional, attentive and friendly. As a result of the care and treatment at your facility she is doing well now in her new home in Falmouth, and we would be happy at any time to provide a reference for the Royal Megansett.
-George and Jackie Sanborn
“My family and I wish to express our sincere appreciation for the care my mother has been receiving…the staff is well-qualified, caring and friendly. I am promptly informed of any concerns about my mother’s health, and when I have a question or concern every effort is made to address it. The activities program at Royal Megansett is varied and extensive. There are several offerings which my mother enjoys. I commend the actitivies personnel for their enthusiam and kindness. Many times extra effort has been made to help my mother attend an activity. We are also pleased with the meal offerings. My mother has specific likes and dislikes and the kitchen staff and dietician are very accomodating. Thank you!”