Welcome to Royal Falmouth Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, conveniently located in historic Falmouth Village on Cape Cod. Residents enjoy our beautifully manicured lawn, shaded patio and all the activities of a classic Cape Cod seaside village. Restaurants, shopping, parks, island ferries and Falmouth’s beautiful beaches are all close by. In the summertime, Cape Cod Baseball League action with the Falmouth Commodores is right up the street.
Royal Falmouth proudly offers an impressive list of innovative benefits, including the highly regarded “Royal Innovation: Alzheimer’s Care” program for our memory care residents and expert short-term rehabilitation for a variety of clinical issues. A stimulating, well-planned activities regimen is an important component of daily life at Royal Falmouth and our “Tender Years” daycare center located on site for the children of employees and the community at large adds to the vibrancy of our Royal community. Please contact us with any questions, or to arrange a tour of our facility.
Royal Falmouth boasts a highly trained, specialized staff with a commitment to innovative care and service. In addition to long term care with select spacious rooms for loved ones, Royal Falmouth offers unsurpassed short term rehabilitation programs for a variety of clinical issues, and the highly regarded Royal Innovation: Alzheimer’s Care program under the direction of industry expert Maureen Bradley, ensuring the very latest advances in the care of our memory impaired residents. Like all the properties in the Royal Health Group, Royal Falmouth is TJC (The Joint Commission, formerly JCAHO) accredited, recognized nationwide as a symbol of commitment and quality in the healthcare field, and given only to the best nursing facilities in the country. Call us for more information, and a no-obligation tour. We’ll be pleased to show you our home.
The Royal Advantage:
- 24/7 nursing care, attending physician
- Expert short-term rehabilitation (PT, OT, speech, pulmonary, post-acute)
- Royal Innovation: Alzheimer’s Care program incorporates the latest research on the care and support of Alzheimer’s/dementia residents in a secure, nurturing, failure-free setting
- Cardiac Care program – utilizing the Zoe monitor, flagging congestive heart failure up to two weeks before symptoms occur
- Extended physician coverage with “Phone Doctor” remote telemedicine
- Wound care physician on site weekly specializing in healing complex wounds, reducing hospitalizations
- Respite, palliative, stroke recovery, long term care
- Hospice services from Fidelis Hospice, focusing on compassionate, dignified care for end stage patients
- Royal’s dining service features customized meal programs developed with personal attention from our chef and dietician; buffet and family-style dining available, with continental breakfast stations open 24/7
- Activity Enrichment – a nurturing, person-centered care model that addresses the resident’s medical, mental, spiritual, physical and social needs, promoting wellness and enhancing quality of life
“We first were given the ‘Royal Treatment’ two years ago when we were introduced to Royal Falmouth Nursing Center by my granddaughter… All of our expectations turned out to be positive in all aspects of care, room, meals and rehabilitation. Maureen Bradley (Director, Alzheimer’s Care for the Royal Health Group) has made many positive moves on the third floor, including an Alzheimer’s support group and family-style dining, which allows residents to eat what they like, and in a quantity they can consume. It is presented as if it was a formal affair, with table cloths, cloth napkins and a table setting for each resident….Many thanks to all of you.”
-Thomas L. Mazzei
“I lived in Scituate and worked in Boston all my life as a medical secretary, and later as a legal secretary at a law firm. When my husband became ill, I moved to Falmouth to be closer to my son, who was stationed at Otis Air Force Base with the 102nd Fighter Jets. At first I was reluctant to live in a nursing home, but after being here I realized it was best for me to be here. I tell my son all the time I couldn’t have picked a better place to live. My feelings are from the heart. I am happy to call this my home. We have everything: activities, entertainment and love. Everyone here is family.”
“After staying at another facility, I thought they were all alike, but the Royal is different, from the care to the rehab, and it’s more than you can imagine… I had a knee replacement, and was told by my doctor it would take three weeks of rehab before I could return home. Thanksgiving was coming, and I was going to miss out on being with my family. But my physical and occupational therapists here said I could do it, and before long I was heading home in just ten days! There is no other place… it feels like home, and the staff treats me like I am special. I feel it, and now I know I am.