Overlooking the Acushnet River in the heart of an historic fishing village, Royal Fairhaven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center offers an uncommon blend of superior care, a beautiful waterfront location, sensitive personal attention, and dedicated professionals. Like other properties of the company, Royal Fairhaven’s lovingly renovated main building was once a private residence (the Edward Knowles home, circa 1900), with beautiful sitting rooms, interior details, and an inviting summer porch running along the entire front of the home that hearkens back to simpler times.
In addition to complete nursing and rehabilitation services and individualized attention to all of our residents, Royal Fairhaven embraces the Royal Health Group’s motto which has long been “Our Family Helping Your Family,”. Residents of a variety of cultural descent are made to feel “at home” in every aspect of their experience.
Royal Fairhaven is one of four Royal Health Group centers that offer the services of industry expert Maureen Bradley, ensuring the very latest advances in the care of our memory impaired residents within our Alzheimer’s Program. We are proud to say our rehabilitation outcomes for a variety of clinical issues are superb and the Royal Fairhaven is TJC (The Joint commission, formerly JCAHO) accredited, recognized nationwide as a symbol of commitment and quality in the healthcare field, and given only to the best nursing centers in the country. Call to schedule a no-pressure, no-obligation tour. We will be pleased to show you around!
The Royal Advantage:
- 24/7 nursing care, attending physician
- Expert short-term rehabilitation (PT, OT, speech, pulmonary, post-acute)
- Royal Innovation: Alzheimer’s Care program incorporates the latest research on the care and support of Alzheimer’s/dementia residents in a secure, nurturing, failure-free setting
- Cardiac Care program utilizes the Zoe monitor, flagging congestive heart failure up to two weeks before symptoms
- Consulting cardiologist on site weekly
- Wound care physician on site weekly specializing in healing complex wounds, reducing hospitalizations and patient’s out-of-pocket expenses
- Cultural immersion Portuguese program – catering to the Portuguese, Cape Verdean and Brazilian population of the South Coast in every aspect of their culture and daily life: language, activities, culture, and cuisine
- Extended physician coverage with “Phone Doctor” remote telemedicine
- Respite, stroke recovery, palliative, long term care
- Hospice services from Fidelis Hospice, focusing on compassionate, dignified care for end stage patients
- Royal’s dining service features customized meal programs developed with personal attention from our chef and dietician – buffet and family-style dining available
- Activity Enrichment – a nurturing, person-centered care model that addresses the resident’s medical, mental, spiritual, physical and social needs, promoting wellness and enhancing quality of life
“To all who knew him and cared for him….There is no greater level of care than that given to a family member. Thank you for allowing my father to become one of your family. Your caring, your emotional and medical quality of care guaranteed that my father not only accepted his transition into a nursing facility but even enjoyed being there. After returning to the Royal from his hospital stay, he said to me, ‘I’m glad I’m back here again!’ I have recommended your facility to many of my peers and will continue to do so with pride and thanks.
Zee Bryant (In memory of Manuel Inacio)
“I am writing to thank you and your staff for your kind attention and care while I was at the Royal. You ought to be comforted by the efficiency of your staff. It obviously comes from the top down. My special thanks go to Leslie Westgate, Danielle and Bill, and Mary and Vera from therapy. I would not have prospered as well without them. Many thanks also go to the girls who got me up in the morning and put me to bed at night. Be assured that I will highly recommend your facility to my friends.
“I am writing to express my gratitude to the staff at Royal Fairhaven. Everyone, from the administrator to the nurses and nurse’s aides, the kitchen personnel and the staff who clean everything – I commend you all. My husband received excellent care from everyone. I am very grateful the staff did all they could to keep him happy and comfortable. You were not only nice to him, but extended that kindness to his family as well. For all the kindness, compassion, patience and sympathy provided to George and his family, you are always in my heart.”
The family of George Ventor